Specialist water aeration equipment supplied and installed by Heathland Group
Heathland Group can provide a variety of options when it comes to water aeration. Our range includes surface aeration systems, diffused aeration systems, solar-powered diffused aeration systems and aerating water fountains.
The movement of water and correct levels of dissolved oxygen are extremely important aspects of keeping your water body healthy and habitable for any aquatic life. Aerators are very beneficial, as they not only protect your aquatic life by maintaining healthy oxygen levels. They constantly stimulate good aerobic bacteria and eliminate unwanted nutrients, which are a cause of algae outbreaks or blooms. Noxious smells are also reduced and overall water quality is improved. Silt reduction would also be a benefit of increased oxygen.
Surface water aeration
A surface aerator is one of the most common forms of aeration for water bodies throughout the world. These aerators are extremely popular and provide the ideal solution for most aeration needs without any technical knowledge to install them. Our extensive range of aerators includes some of the most effective on the market. They have minimal restriction of water flow from the nozzles, resulting in increased volumes of water flow and the very highest water turnover available on the market. It's this process of water collision that allows oxygen to be transferred to the water, during the process air/oxygen is pushed into the water creating what is know as dissolved oxygen or DO. This is essential for the aeration process.
Heathland Group's diffused aeration systems pump air through the diffuser membranes, which are situated on the bed of the waterbody, this air is then able to travel to the lake surface in the form of millions of tiny bubbles.
As these bubbles travel upward through the layers of thermal stratification they entrain cooler, oxygen-deficient water with them. This water is then carried to the surface where it becomes naturally oxygenated. Heathland Group can provide a variety of diffused lake aerators offering both tube or disc-style diffuser membranes, so we have aerators to suit everyone.
Heathland Group can supply and install our Select Series 2 range of aerating water fountains. These are ideal for when a stunning display is needed in addition to increasing the dissolved oxygen levels and improving the water quality. The select series 2 fountains have increased water flow to provide a strong stable pattern and added aeration capabilities. As with all of our fountain and surface aerators, optional lighting packages are available to further increase the aesthetics of your aerating fountain.
Key features and benefits of an aerator in your lake;
- Diffused aeration systems will break up thermal stratification throughout the water column, allowing the entire water column to be oxygenated and eliminating highs and lows in both temperature and oxygen levels.
- Increases the breakdown of aquatic waste by providing a habitat beneficial for aerobic bacteria to flourish.
- When operated continuously in freezing climates, these aerators will keep areas in the ice open and moving to allow toxic gases to escape and maintain the oxygen level in the water.
- Winter operation will keep areas of frozen lakes open allowing birds and other wildlife to gain the much-needed water they need during freezing conditions.
- Prevents fish kills normally seen in freezing conditions due to depleted oxygen levels or gas eruptions which are linked to rotting vegetation.