Aeration weed curtains or barriers for rivers, canals, lakes and marinas
Aeration weed curtains can prevent debris drifting up and down rivers which can become an issue, especially if your marina or an area of the river, is cut off with very little water flow. These areas can become choked with rubbish and vegetation that’s drifting and, likewise, they can become choked with duckweed too.
What are weed curtains or a weed barrier in a river?
Heathland Group has designed and developed a range of river air curtain weed barriers in other words air is diffused from the bed of the river and travels to the surface, this, in turn, creates an eruption resulting in a spreading motion
This system design is unique to Heathland Group and we can supply this solution around the world. We have also seen good results in saltwater environments and have used the aeration weed curtain system to keep seaweed out of marinas and it seems to be quite effective.
The systems can be reconfigured to any specifications required as a result the width of the river or opening to the marina does not affect the results.
Air curtain equipment
Cabinet for aeration weed curtains for 1m to 6m barriers
- The powdered coated aluminium outdoor enclosure features a limited lifetime warranty
- 24-hour timer
- 6″ high-output cooling fan included
- Every cabinet comes with a 24″ x 24″ x 3″ Polypropylene equipment base
Compressor for aeration weed curtains
- 1/2 HP dual piston oil-free compressors
- Quiet operation – rated at less than 65 decibels
- Maintenance kits are available therefore optimising life expectancy
- Compressors feature a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
Aeration weed curtain airpod™ diffusers
- Diffuser membranes are self-cleaning
- Self-weighted Diffuser bases
- Check valves incorporated as a result prevent back-flow
- Diffusers release air inches from the pond bottom while still preventing disruption of settled organics
- Alternative disc diffuser membranes are available
- Diffuser membranes feature thousands of minute holes to optimise smaller air bubbles, therefore entraining more water and creating greater volumes of water movement
- Diffusers feature a 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
Aeration weed curtain anchor-line™ self-weighted air tubing
- Lead-free construction
- 3/8″ ID tubing for shorter runs
- 5/8″ ID tubing for long runs and maximum efficiency
- AnchorLine™ self-weighted air tubing features a 15-year manufacturer’s warranty
Heathland Group undertake a range of maintenance work on rivers
Our team of professional engineers are on call 24/7 to support our customers with any emergency and we can carry out all sorts of maintenance work that ensure rivers run clear and free.
We are based in Norfolk but we supply all the necessary equipment and our services to domestic and commercial clients throughout the United Kingdom. For more information and advice about our aeration weed curtains please email email@example.com or call 0800 3891990.